It’s another Tag Thursday! This week I’m taking on The Readers Problems Book tag! I discovered this one on A Little Haze Book Blog and I’ve stolen it because I loved it! Be sure to check out her post though!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How do you decide what to read next?
I’m a complete mood reader. I just pick whatever takes my fancy. I tried setting myself monthly TBRs once but it didn’t work. I ended up in reading slumps because I wasn’t enjoying the book I was reading all that much but felt like I had to stick to the books I’d picked.
2. You’re halfway through a book, and you’re just not loving it; do you put it down or are you committed?
I’m committed – I wish I wasn’t, I should get better at not finishing really, there was a book last year I really wasn’t enjoying and I ended up skim reading the last quarter or so even though I couldn’t stand the characters just so I could finish it
3. The end of the year is coming, and you’re behind on your reading challenge; do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Last year was not a good reading year for me. I really struggled for some unknown reason and seeing my Goodreads Challenge fall further and further behind didn’t help. We were into July before I set a goodreads goal this year and that was only because I got fed up seeing it ask me to set a number every time I logged on
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
I do not! This is one of my biggest book pet peeves, my Strike books don’t match and it upsets me, why do publishers change the covers halfway through a series? Really why would you do that!
5. Everyone and their mother love a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
No one hah! That said I’m quite sure my best bookish friends would listen to me rant about a book even if they enjoyed it
6. You’re reading a book in public, and you’re about to start crying; how do you deal?
Crying? What is this phenomenon? If anyone asks it’s hay fever, yup even in the middle of winter…
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
Every time this happens I say yes but then I don’t actually get around to it…
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books. How do you politely say no when someone asks?
Umm, I’d just say no, soz… I’m not one for sugar-coating generally…
9. You have picked up and put down five books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I’d either go back to a well loved favourite or pick up the latest in a series I know I enjoy
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read. How many do you end up buying?
Based on my bookshelves all of them!
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read, how long do they sit on your shelf before you read them?
Forever! Some I’m quite good at getting to quickly others may sit there for years. I’m not even joking, I’ve still not read La Belle Sauvage…
Thanks for stopping by SWB! If you take on The Readers Problems Tag be sure to drop a link below in the comments below!
3 thoughts on “The Readers Problems Book Tag”
Love your answers so much… Hah fever in winter. Hilarious :)))))) <333
Love this tag and your answers. I might have to steal this one.
Pingback: The Readers Problems Book Tag – Charlotte, Somewhere