Added To My TBR In December
It may have been the last month of 2018 but it certainly didn’t stop me from adding to my shelves! I didn’t receive that many books as gifts this year but it didn’t stop me spending some of the money I got on more books as I hit the sales in the past couple of days!
Clicking on the title will take you to the Goodreads page
I was lucky enough to receive an email from the team at Bonnier Zaffre to advise they had a few proofs left over and to get in touch if I was interested. They very kindly sent me The Island by M. A. Bennett
Once again my Wildest Dreams book box was a delight to open. This month’s theme was The Best Of YA 2018 and the featured book was The Light Between Worlds by Laura Weymouth. It also included a Chocolate Frog Soap inspired by Harry Potter, a spiced black tea inspired by The Cruel Prince and beautiful necklace inspired by A Thousand Perfect Notes and a pouch of chocolate coins inspired by Everless. One of these days I’ll actually managed to post an unboxing when it arrives!
Safe to say I took advantage of Waterstones sale and some of the Christmas money I received and purchased a book or two or seven… I picked up a couple from Amazon too.
- The Chalk Man by C. J. Tudor – I’d been thinking about this one for a while and when I spotted it on a table in the Dunfermline Waterstones with little chalk men sprayed on the edges and printed on the spine I had to have it!
- Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh – This is apparently the fourth in a series but I had no idea when I picked it up, I was just looking for a second book in the Waterstones offer and this sounded so interesting!
- The Curses by Laure Eve – I think Edinburgh Waterstones may have put this one out a little early but it certainly caught my eye when I spotted it on one of their tables. The matching edition of The Graces is also on order for me to read first so expect that in next month’s post.
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken – I was looking for the second of my buy one get one half price purchases and the dark aspects of this appealed to me! It’s the first in a series of four so I’m looking forward to seeing how I get on with it.
- Murder Most Unladylike by Robin Stevens – One of my closest blogging friends Amy at Golden Books Girl always raves about this series so I decided it was finally time to pick one up!
- Broken Ground by Val McDermid – I love Val’s work and truth be told I actually prefer the DI Karen Pirie series to her more well known Wire in the Blood series. This came out in hard back earlier in 2018 but there’s a part of me that’s reluctant to spend nearly £20 on a hardback when I could get several paperbacks for the same price. It was half price in the Waterstones sale though so I picked it up while waiting on a friend in Dundee.
- Princess in Practice by Connie Glynn – I didn’t love the first book in the Rosewood Chronicles series but I liked it enough to be intrigued by the second book, the hardback was half price in the sales so I figured why now.
- The Window by Amelia Brunskill – I saw the plot of this on the Barnes and Nobel teen blog and it sounds great, it’s been sitting on my Amazon wishlist for a little while so I finally clicked buy now.
- Evermore by Sara Holland – This one was released on the 31st December and after adoring Everless I knew I had to preorder this one to arrive on release day! I expect this will be my first read of 2019!
One of my closest friends looked through my Amazon wish list and bought me Becoming by Michelle Obama to go in my Santa Sack at her’s for Christmas Day. I also took part in a Secret Santa and was lucky enough to receive Heart Sick and A Bad Boy Stole My Bra from my gifter. The books came with a whole wonderful range of other items that I’ve popped a picture of below. There were also some Slytherin socks that I’d already worn by the time I took the photo!
So that’s what I added to my TBR last month! If you had a wee book buying spree let me know what you bought in the comments!
5 thoughts on “Added To My TBR In December”
I’m so excited to get the Curses, and so thrilled that you bought Murder Most Unladylike because of my recommendation. I really hope you love it! Amy x
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sarah - SWB
I’m sure I will!
The matching The Graces and The Curses books are so pretty!
LikeLiked by 1 person
They’re stunning- I picked mine up yesterday and Waterstones and have spent an embarassing amount of time staring at it since…
Pingback: The Sunday Post – 6th January 2019 – Sarah Withers Blogs
That’s a very excellent selection. I love the sprayed edges on Chalk Man.
LikeLiked by 1 person